Friday, August 12, 2011

Nexium coupons? Discounts? Please?

I am so sad.  I cannot believe how quickly I was just dropped from my current oncologist and the support there.  As soon as my insurance ran out, I was no longer a concern to them at all.  I did ask if there was some way I could use my oncologist for second opinions.  They said, “Sure,” but it’s at a cost of $95 cash per office call (which is a discount from the $235 it usually costs).  I just cannot afford that.  The people at my new location, Nevada Cancer Center, sound nice.  Since they treat people without insurance or money to pay for office calls and treatments, I just hope the nice lasts.  It’s bad enough having cancer without being stressed because cancer office workers treat you crappy.  I really need my prescriptions filled.  The pain from my fibromyalgia and multiple sclerosis is horrible.  I’ve been without pain killers, blood pressure medicine and anxiety medicine for several weeks now.  The County will not fill prescriptions written by doctors other than their own.  So, I have a stack of written prescriptions written by my last oncologist that are worthless.  The discount online drug center I found takes care of most medications but not pain killers or anxiety meds, and it takes a couple weeks to get your medications via snail mail.  I sent in the blood pressure scripts to them.  They are filling part of the order, but the rest is on back order and they do not know when it will be in again.  That sucks.  I knew it was too good to be true.  I just need to order way in advance next time, before I am running out.  I wish I had found them sooner.

I really need to fill my Nexium prescription for my stomach.  It’s crucial to the area where the cancer is due to my severe acid reflux.  I was on OTC Prilosec for five years, which worked great for a while, but then I developed a tolerance to it and it stopped working.  Zantac, Axcid and the others never worked for me.  I was put on Nexium about five years ago, and it works great.  But I’m completely out.  The Outreach prescriptions do not carry Nexium.  Too expensive I guess.  So, I’m looking for coupons to use or free one-time fills, so I can fill the prescription and pay for it myself until I get the County prescriptions free.  The County scripts could take a couple weeks since my intake appointment is the 16th and it will be about two more weeks after that for my general GP appointment.  At the other cancer center, my oncologist wrote all my prescriptions.  But at County they want to keep it separate I guess.  That means many more trips to the doctor and sitting in more doctor offices for hours on end to get the same thing accomplished.  I wish my husband could find work so we could get back on an insurance program.

I think the biggest crime against people should be wasting the time of those who are dying.  If they know you are terminal, you should not have to wait hours to see a doctor or stand in line to receive benefits or help.  It’s just awful.

If you have or come across a coupon, discount or free script fill, please send it to me at Elaine Swe, P.O. Box 363323, North Las Vegas, Nevada 89036.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine,
    You can register online and print Nexium coupons. http://www.nexiumcoupons.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention before. You should check this site,
    http://www.internetdrugcoupons.com
    Maybe you can find something useful to help with pain killers and anxiety meds.

    ReplyDelete