Monday, July 11, 2011

Many, Many Thanks and Gratitude

I’m beginning to believe in small miracles thanks to people like Cathia from overseas  and Donna from Illinois.

Today’s miracle:  Last night my husband answered an ad in the paper for people to hand out flyers door-to-door for $10 an hour.  I felt bad about having him answer the ad because it was over 100 degrees outside with very high humidity.  But we filled a couple bottles with ice water and put them in an old back pack, and I drove him to the location because we desperately needed the funds. 

The location was quite a ways across town and our gas tank was close to empty.  This complicates things, because I cannot be without transportation in case the baby has a seizure.  Plus we just did not have enough gas to make the trip back and forth between.  So, I found a nearby waterpark and the baby and I waited there until he was done.  I let the baby play in the water, and drenched myself a couple times to stay cool.  I’m not supposed to be in the heat or direct sun at all, due to my dehydrated condition and problems with the chemo in my body reacting to sunlight.  I made sure to stay a little wet, keep to the shade and drink lots of water while we waited.

Ninety minutes later, my husband was done and had $15 cash in hand, plus promises of one to three hours work a week.  We actually cheered because that is $10-$30 a week.  That’s gas money for job hunting.

On the way home, we were discussing the use of the money.  We desperately needed diapers and juice for the baby - and gas, but it was not enough to buy all of it.  We didn’t know when the guy would call my hubby again to pass out more flyers.  I knew we only had one daytime diaper left and two overnights.  Three diapers are not enough for even one day.  We decided to go home and search diaper bags and the toy box, everywhere, and see if we could find a couple more diapers which would leave the money for gas.

When we arrived home, we found our miracle.  Donna from Illinois had sent us a huge box of diapers, enough for a whole month, and there it was on the porch, at just the perfectly right day.  I cried.  My husband hugged me and said, “See someone cares.  We’ll make it okay.”  Thank you Donna - for caring.

We put $10 in the gas tank and we are going to buy $5 worth of bananas and fresh fruit for the baby with the rest.  Plus we have this other little miracle of a job for a little cash every week now that is at least enough money to job hunt and continue putting in applications for something full time or part time.

We also have had over $100 donated to our PayPal account.  I used it to order lots of macaroni and cheese, Raman noodles, and pasta noodles.  It will fill our cupboard with something we can all eat and that the baby really likes.

So, we are making it this month thanks to a few little miracles provided by the graciousness of my blog readers.  Thank you so very much.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment