Sunday, April 3, 2011

My son is here

My Marine son is here visiting.  It's only been a couple days so far, but I'm already exhausted.  He hates seeing how much weight I've lost.  And he's going to my doctor appointments with me on Monday.  He tried to get me to eat some high calorie foods by taking me to I-HOP for breakfast one morning.  I ordered pancakes and a side of eggs.  All I could eat were the two eggs and a couple bites of pancake.  But it was nice to get out for a while.  Afterwards, he wanted to take me to meet a new girlfriend of his, but I was just too tired from going out already.  I spend about 80% of the day in bed now.  I just don't have any energy.  The doctor says it's due to poor nutrition which is normal for this disease.  I guess I need to speak with a nutritionist about getting some weight on powder of some type to go along with the Boost, Instant Breakfast and Ensure.  Maybe something with vitamins and minerals, etc.  Does anyone know of anything like that?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're getting to see your son. I know a bit about nutrition - have you thought about getting a juicer and trying fresh juices? It can be expensive if money is tight, but its full of nutrition and would be easier for you to swallow. Some people willingly juice fast and live for months on juices. You can get a decent juicer at Target (that Jack Lalane one) for about $60 I think? I know you're tired and the last thing you prob need is to buy more things and do more things, but juicing might be a comfortable and good way to get nutrition and calories and keep you going as long as you can. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete