Thursday, March 10, 2011

Services for adult adoption and minor legal guardianship?

As you know from my blog entry March 9, 2011, regarding my horrible UCLA visit, I am now putting my final arrangements and life in order so I can leave everyone without so much guilt.  Two things I'd really like to finish off are legal issues.  I have a grandson of whom we have had temporary guardianship since he was born.  We'd like to make that legal guardianship now because my husband is a step parent and the papers have always been in my name.  We don't want any legal issues to arise that may prevent him from taking care of our grandson simply because he is not a blood relative.  Second, my husband would like to adopt my adult son to be legal his.  My son is a Marine and they both have wanted this since my son was only nine years old.  My son's father would not agree to it.  Now that my son is an adult, he can get this done without his father being involved at all.  These are things I would like to see done before I die.

The legal guardianship will cost $900 if done by a paralegal.  Maybe someone could donate that service to me?  The adoption will cost $2500.  Maybe someone could donate the service for me.  Both are non-contested, everyone willing to sign papers in agreement, and if someone could just do the paperwork, I would be quite happy to file it myself.  Please!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment