Saturday, February 26, 2011

Good Things from All of You

The Good Things You’ve Shared with Me

Good things that have come from my ads, postings, forum connections and penpals:

(1)     MedCure – Thanks pontificator.  Pontificator directed me to a place that provided free cremation if you donate your body to science.  That saves me $400 to $695.  He helped me cross another item off MY Major To Do List.

(2)     The Caring Place – Thanks Allie.  Allie directed me to a local organization that provides massages, reflexology, guided imagery, meditation instruction, yoga, Reiki, healing touch, nutrition lectures, and a huge library for cancer patients.  She helped me cross an item off my Bucket List.

(3)      Magic Cocktail – Thanks Rusted.  Rusted offered a recipe for a throat numbing medication for when swallowing becomes too painful or difficult.  He wrote: “There is a cocktail if you will that you can get from your doctor called magic mouthwash that makes it easier to swallow. It`s equal parts of mylanta/visc.lidocaine/benadry.”  I will certainly ask my doctor about this.  I cannot use it yet, because I need to monitor the pain and difficulty swallowing until the upcoming consult at UCLA.  Thankfully, I have a high pain tolerance, probably due to neuropathy from diabetes.

(4)     Two PenPals – I received two very good penpals.  Allie has been a great help sharing her daily life and some really good suggestions, and of course, her prayers.  Jen shared her work and interests with me.  A few others have contacted me, I won’t mention them by name but I guess their lives became a bit hectic.  They start out keeping in touch and then they move on.  That happens a lot, and that’s why I keep advertising.  A few good people will send me good information and encouragement and then life goes on for people, and I search for a few more.                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment