Saturday, February 26, 2011

Naysayers and Trashers

The Worse Naysayers and Thumpers

Whenever you post anything on the Internet, you get bombarded by crackpots, asses, naysayers and those who like the entertainment of being hateful and slamming others.  But you know who the worst naysayers and thumpers are – those who claim to have cancer, too, and then trash you for the things you say.  One guy befriended me right away.  Let’s call him CancerMan.  CancerMan wrote to me at my personal email, sympathized, said he had the same cancer and some encouragement for me, and gave me a phone number.  I sent my phone number to him.  Then CancerMan made some more postings on the forum.  The posts said he doubted I was sick.  CancerMan agreed with one of trashers that I was probably a scammer.  CancerMan said he has my type of cancer, and had brain cancer surgery, and belongs to several “real” online cancer groups, blah, blah, blah.  CancerMan said my cancer cannot be real because I haven’t reacted or been just the same as he has through his cancer.  Really, I say!?!  CancerMan said my pain has not been equivalent to his because I dare to still eat and swallow my foods, therefore I’m lying.  He said my symptoms are not the same as his therefore I’m lying.  [And yet, all my symptoms are quite common for my type of cancer and can be found on the Internet very easily.]  Another person stated that my Bucket List and asking for help makes me a scammer.  The two joined up and trashed me several times.  But, just maybe, they are the scammers – actually not scammers in the sense they seek to scam for money, but scammers.  People who prey on others with hate and misery that they dish out for their own pleasure over the Internet.  You know the type!  They jump on every single post and beat it too death.  I have proof of my cancer, and am willing to provide it.  I think anyone who wants to provide real comfort or help should ask for proof.  It might sound cold or heartless, but scammers do seem to flood the Internet.  CancerMan never offered any proof.  Maybe he’s a sympathy seeker, attention whore, secret trasher, etc.  I think that if he joined real cancer survivor groups and faked his illness for attention and sympathy, then that is very, very sad indeed.  But, hell, maybe we all are attention whores and sympathy seekers.  We all need some support, some friendship, some help at points in our lives.  My cancer is real.  Is his?  I didn’t even think about the possibility he was lying.  I readily accepted CancerMan’s statements that he was ill, too.  I accepted his offer of friendship and encouragement.  His offer of friendship hurt because he scammed me.  It made me want to avoid the Internet all together – but then again, I do find a pen pal or two here that makes me feel better.  So, I guess I’ll stick with it.  If anyone knows of forums, ad boards or places I can post a link to my blog, please send me the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment